Senior Highways Engineer / Technician
£35,000 - £40,000
This consultancy provides multi-disciplinary services in areas including Structural Engineering, Civil Engineering, Transport & Highways, Geomatics (Land Surveying) and Building Surveying.
This is a permanent position their Highway Engineering team
This team undertakes the following tasks-
- Site appraisals, feasibility studies and pre-application advice
- Design of roads, junctions and drainage
- Production of pre and post-planning technical reports
- Junction capacity modelling
- Road Safety Auditing
- Utility Assessments
Relevant skills & experience
- Minimum 5 years’ experience working in a transport planning / engineering design consultancy
- Able to deal with clients and interface with consultancy design and construction teams utilising competent communication skills both orally and in writing
- Technical and computing ability to produce horizontal and vertical highways design
- Strong self-motivation and initiative
- Familiarity of highway planning procedures, including Section 38 / 278 Agreements, UK design principles and standards including MfS and DMRB
- An ability to follow instructions and to work well with others as part of a team
- Knowledge of procedures relating to TROs and Road Safety Audits etc.
- Good commercial awareness
- Applicants should be qualified with an appropriate Engineering degree and already be / or working toward Incorporated or Chartered status
The job role
The role will be varied and all-encompassing and will include a mix of hands-on highways design work and technical support to other members of the in-house team. Candidates must have detailed design experience and a solid background in highway construction projects. You will be able to review and take responsibility for issuing design drawings and have the seniority to liaise effectively with clients, other members of the professional team, Local Authorities and contractors.
If you are interested in finding out more about this role please contact Ben at Akton Recruitment, quoting BA/32104