£45,000 - £50,000
An engineering consultancy is on the lookout for a senior highways engineer to be based out of their Oxfordshire office, you will join the highways engineering team. You must have UK based experience.
This team undertakes the following tasks
- Site appraisals, feasibility studies and pre-application advice
- Design of roads, junctions and drainage
- Production of pre and post-planning technical reports
- Junction capacity modelling
- Road Safety Auditing
- Utility Assessments
Their team is highly motivated and committed to the delivery of successful projects for their clients. This ethos has resulted in an expanding workload and the requirement for another capable and experienced Engineer. You should enjoy your work and the challenges provided by their clients.
Relevant skills & experience
- Minimum 5 years’ experience working in a transport planning / engineering design consultancy
- Able to deal with clients and interface with consultancy design and construction teams utilising competent communication skills both orally and in writing
- Technical and computing ability to produce horizontal and vertical highways design
- Familiarity of highway planning procedures, including Section 38 / 278 Agreements, UK design principles and standards including MfS and DMRB
- An ability to follow instructions and to work well with others as part of a team
- Knowledge of procedures relating to TROs and Road Safety Audits etc.
- Good commercial awareness
What you will be doing -
The role will be varied and all-encompassing and will include a mix of hands-on highways design work and technical support to other members of the in-house team. You must have detailed design experience and a solid background in highway construction projects. You will be able to review and take responsibility for issuing design drawings and have the seniority to liaise effectively with clients, other members of the professional team, Local Authorities and contractors.
If you are interested in finding out more about this role please contact Ben at Akton Recruitment, quoting BA/32325