Senior Finance Officer required for a fantastic contract based in Chichester
- This post forms part of the Financial Control Team in Corporate Finance.
- The postholder's responsibilities are varied, incorporating financial accounting, statutory returns and maintenance of essential controls.
- You will be a direct contributor to the preparation of our annual accounts, including responsibility for the remuneration disclosures and maintenance of our fixed assets register.
- You'll also be a key contact for external audit queries, so strong scrutiny and communication skills are a must.
- In addition, you'll lead on the preparation of our Whole of Government Accounts return, as well as the subsequent audit. And you'll engage directly with our residents as the Finance lead for Freedom of Information requests, ensuring that responses are timely and accurate.
- As well as completing your own account reconciliations, you'll have responsibility for maintaining our corporate schedule, reviewing the work of colleagues and advising as appropriate.
- The post holder will also need to support the evolving operations of the team and carry out a lead role in projects as required.
- You'll be able to demonstrate the relevant skills and experience, with great communication and inter-personal skills to make the most of your talent.
- You'll be proactive with a can-do attitude, with a focus on personal and professional development. You'll be a good team player, keen and able to work collaboratively with stakeholders, partners and third-party suppliers to achieve outcomes within a complex operating environment
- Good analytical skills in order to interpret complex financial information and develop practical financial, operational, and budgetary advice for clients.
- Strong problem-solving skills with the ability to anticipate problems and resolve issues independently, planning solutions and making sound pragmatic decisions which will have a direct impact on the business/ service.
- Strong customer focus with the ability to work as a key client contact and provide a professional service to meet their needs.
- Developed communication and interpersonal skills in order to interact effectively with a range of clients and create and maintain effective working relationships. Including the ability to challenge, advise and guide clients to understand technical information and influence them to make sound financial, budgetary or performance decisions.
- The ability to aid development of staff, providing direction, guidance and support to individuals and teams. Including good interpersonal skills and the ability to recognise abilities and train other employees.
- 3 Months + Ongoing
- £17.06 per hour Paid via Umbrella Company
If interested please call Jack on 01772 428186 or email