Akton recruitment has an exciting opportunity for an experienced senior finance manager to join the team at the Wirral Council.
Job Role: Senior Finance Manager
Lead a solution-focussed, innovative, financial management function that enables the effective allocation of resources to outcomes, in order to ensure value for money for the public purse.
- As a member of Departmental Management Teams (DMT) within the business, encourage positive financial behaviour so that all actions and decisions are made with a sound financial and commercial focus ensuring there is clear accountability for their delivery.
- Contribute to a Medium-Term Financial Strategy (MTFS) that sets out how the Council will achieve financial sustainability through self-sufficiency for the future. Link this to the Wirral Plan and other relevant strategies e.g. commercial strategy, investment strategy, etc. to ensure the MTFS is positioned to contribute to the achievement of the Council's ambition.
- Be embedded within management teams to proactively contribute to all aspects of the business, not just the financial aspects, in line with the business plan and key objectives.
- Provide effective management information when required, planning work and resources to allow multiple deadlines to be managed concurrently. Management information will be required on a cyclical and ad hoc basis, for a variety of audiences from Cabinet Members to members of the public, as well as Chief Officers, ensuring the information is accurate and tailored to the audience so that it is understandable and informative.
- Be an effective corporate citizen, proactively leading by example and participating in corporate initiatives e.g. volunteering, mental health, and wellbeing strategy, WorkSmart etc.
- Ensure the provision of professional and evidence-based management information to support the long-term sustainability of the Council and its trusted partners.
- Ensure a commercial ethos is embedded across the council so that any decision taken is done so following an assessment of commercial viability and opportunity.
- Ensure an effective finance business partnering function is delivered, that both enables the council to meet its ambition through the pledges in the Wirral Plan and ensures the effective financial stewardship, control and safeguarding of public funds to demonstrate value for money.
- Support the Assistant Director of Finance & Investment in ensuring the long-term financial sustainability of the Council through the development of a robust Medium-Term Financial Strategy (MTFS).
10.Maximise income and investment opportunities for the Council by developing new and existing initiatives; and lead in the delivery of income generating programmes to support the Council's commercial strategy.