Senior Facilities Management Consultant | FM & Asset Management Consultant
Associate Levels Invited | London based, remote working required.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a rapidly growing SME consultancy that provides advice and support to leading organisations across the public and private sectors around the world on a wide range of issues related to the built environment. We work with some of the major PPP and PFI Investors across Europe, as well as several multinational organisations and public bodies.
With expertise across management consultancy, construction, energy & sustainability and facilities management this position provides the opportunity to collaborate with diverse teams of talented professionals and support clients with the planning, construction, operation, management and maintenance of their properties and assets.
The Facilities Management Consultant will provide clients with professional technical advice in delivering a range of Facilities Management commissions working with procurement of new services and optimisation of existing services. A portion of the work with focus on working for investors to make sure their assets are performing to their very highest standards.
Consultancy commissions include but are not limited to Whole Life and Lifecycle Costing, FM Strategic Reviews, Procurement Advisory, Support and Management, Benchmarking etc.
We are looking for someone who can take ownership of projects and develop relationships with the clients we work with. If you have your own client and contact base we would be interested to discuss options to incentivise development of this.
- Providing technical expertise and general support in relation to Facilities Management and Lifecycle.
- Working as part of the technical group and wider consultancy team to deliver on client commissions including strategic and operational reviews, technical audits, procurement of FM contracts, cost benchmarking, condition surveys and etc.
- Providing input into tenders/bids as and when required.
- Providing a non-intrusive inspection of the client premises and producing written reports either individually or as part of a multi-services inspection.
- Producing contract and tender documentation, technical specifications, SLA's and KPI's and Payment Mechanisms.
- Evaluating tender returns and technical appraisals.
- Developing FM strategies and reports.
- Supporting on dispute resolution and contract management.
- Producing life cycle cost models for a variety of projects.
- Delivering the commissions on time, within budget and to the required standard.
- Attending consultancy team meetings on a monthly basis and contributing to all round team approach.
- Staying ahead of the curve with Facilities Management Industry guidelines and best practice, to ensure that clients are always presented with market leading options.
- Have held a previous role as a Technical Advisor or Senior Facilities Management Consultant or have extensive experience of Asset Management or Lifecycle Costing
- Have broad experience of operational Facilities Management within a client-facing organisation, ideally within a corporate/commercial environment.
- Experience of PFI/PPP contracts
- Experience of whole life costing and life cycling within the built environment.
- Knowledge and understanding of the FM marketplace, the current trends and thinking within the FM market, and demonstration of an ability to apply such trends in a strategic setting.
- Strong client relationship skills.
- Strong IT skills; expertise in MS Office package including Excel and Word.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to accept change and work flexibly.
- Ability to prioritise workload, work proactively and on own initiative
- A degree qualification in related subject i.e. BSc, BEng, HND, HNC or equivalent is preferred.
- Professional memberships of a relevant professional body i.e. CIBSE, IET, IWFM/BIFM or working towards membership is an advantage.
Senior Facilities Management Consultant , Building and Construction , FM & Asset Management Consultant , London