I am working with a large subcontractor looking for a senior estimator to join them on a permanent basis.
The role will be working within the Estimating team processing tenders from receipt to submission.
You must come from a subcontractor background with a background in RC frame and Civils work.
Main duties include accountability for the following:
- Reviewing enquiry documentation to fully determine and understand the conditions set out
- Quantify the extent of the works involved from tender documents
- Review commercial & technical risks for best solution(s)
- Address key client requirements and expectations to develop a productive working relationship
- Identify and engage supply chain to maximise commercial opportunities and savings during the bid process
- Preparation of accurate and competitive cost estimates including bills of quantities
- Check & ensure maintenance of a controlled copy of Client’s Enquiry document & resultant communications
- Prepare an accurate cost estimate for the preliminary resources required to carry out the works in accordance with agreed programme & engineering requirements
- Prepare & present the commercial aspects of the tender to the Directors/Senior Managers for adjudication and approval
- Prepare the commercial tender for submission to the Client and present to the client
- Prepare and present the commercial handover documents to the contract delivery team
- Liaise with construction teams to ensure output & resource data collected providing feedback for future tenders
- An industry applicable qualification
- Commercial and contractual awareness
- A good level of competency of Microsoft packages
- Good working knowledge of Estimate Software preferable.
- An excellent communicator
- Demonstrable experience of dealing with multiple clients, forms of contract and methods of measurement
If you are interested in finding out more about this role please contact Ben at Akton Recruitment, quoting BA/32322