£60,000 - £65,000
I am looking for a senior level estimator to join a contractor in Hertfordshire.
You should have around 10 years’ experience in estimating and have a solid work history.
They are a regional principal contractor specialising in residential, health, education, commercial, industrial and retail. They undertake projects from throughout north London and the home counties and work clients in the private and the public sector. Due to a significant increase in work, they are now looking to appoint a Senior Estimator.
The Role will include but may not be limited to:
- Preparation and completion of tenders
- Monitor progress of tenders including re-allocation of resources as necessary.
- Undertaking analysis and tender adjudications
- Liaise with Proposals Managers/Design Managers, where applicable and attend design team meetings.
- Appraisal of tender documentation upon receipt for adequacy, sufficiency and initial risk profile.
- Prepare initial cost Plans as appropriate and monitor against design development/market testing.
- Evaluation of preliminaries with due regard to project programme, liaising appropriately with Operational Directors/Managers.
- Liaison with previous client base
- Current or previous experience in operating in an Estimator capacity with a Main Contractor.
- Comfortable working in a small team
- Knowledge and experience of 'first principle' analytical estimating across all sectors.
- Must be experienced in projects over £5m in value.
- Experience with all forms of contract.
- Appropriate Construction related degree/HND or similar preferred.
- Computer literate.
- Awareness of Industry procurement methods.
If you are interested in finding out more about this role please contact Ben at Akton Recruitment, quoting BA/32301