About The Team
The Structures and Watercourses Group is one of four groups in Highway Services, within the Regeneration and Environment Department, under the responsibility of the Director – Operational Services. It provides Enfield with the operational capacity to manage the authority’s highway structures and drainage assets as well as fulfilling to role of Lead Local Flood Authority. In addition, the group provides a consultancy service for the project management, design and supervision of Environmental and Civil Engineering projects from inception to completion
We have an opportunity in our Structures Team at Senior Engineer level. For this role we are looking for an experienced structural engineer to focus on the inspection of highway structures and the design, construction and maintenance of structural and safety fencing schemes. You must have a detailed understanding of the procedures, guidelines and legislation associated with structural engineering and the management and delivery of civil engineering projects. This may have included inspections and surveys, feasibility and options studies, design, site supervision, project management, contract administration and financial control, with the appropriate guidance from more senior officers
- You must have excellent communication skills to effectively communicate with residents and other third parties and capable of dealing with relevant queries.
- You should be qualified with at least a Degree/HNC or equivalent experience.
- An excellent pension through the Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS).
- Up to 31 days annual leave depending on grade and length of service. You will also get eight public holidays per year and an extra day off at Christmas.
- Interest free season ticket loan repayable over three or ten months.
- Career development and learning experiences from a range of training courses and learning methods.
- Employee Assistance Programme to provide advice and counselling services. This is a free and confidential service available to staff and members of their family.
- Health and leisure discounts and tax-free bikes for work.
- £37,842 - £40,728
If you interested please call Jack on 01772 428186 or email email@example.com