Energy Manager / BDM (Zero Carbon)
The Energy Manager / Business Development Manager primary focus is to own the business development lifecycle to win new Energy and Carbon Solutions Opportunities.
Typical services are as follows:
Energy Efficiency Auditing/Consultancy
Energy Efficiency Projects
Compliance services (ESOS, ISO50001, SECR, EUETS, TM44, DECs, EPCs)
Demand Side Response
Embedded Energy Management Contracts
Energy Performance Contracts
In addition to sourcing new name clients, the role includes responsibility for renewals (retention) of current contracts, repeat business, and upsell to existing clients. The role demands the highest standards of leadership & organisational skills to identify and utilise the correct subject matter experts within the business to successfully bid for contracts. The role will support the growth of Energy and Carbon Solutions across the business and will require Pipeline development and management.
* Delivery of personal and sector sales targets
* Support the evolution of and promote the sector strategy plans
* Proactively build client relationships to maintain a strong pipeline and win rate.
* Successfully lead bids to private sector, industrial and commercial clients
* Compliance with internal governance processes
* Ensure the CRM system is up to date (Salesforce)
* Support cross selling, organic growth and retention of current contracts for internal clients in the FM and energy retail departments.
Sales Achievement - own, develop and manage pipeline of sales opportunities that will meet personal sales targets whilst contributing to the overall team targets for the next 2 to 3 years on a rolling basis to meet the short to medium term plan.
* Demonstrable C-Suite Engagement and relationship management
* Actively maintain a strong knowledge on the business, industry, client, sector and competitor trends
* Think services, energy and SMART solutions and energy infrastructure when promoting the brand as this is a key differentiator
* Work with a variety of internal teams (FM, Energy Retail, Smart Buildings, DSR) to research and analyse prospective opportunities, markets and propositions
* Engage and nurture relationships across the industry which will generate new business opportunities
* Keep all stakeholders informed as opportunities progress through the cycle
Commercial Management - own, develop and manage business case and commercial principles of each opportunity
* Working with Commercial Structurer and Commercial Manager developing opportunity business cases and supporting with finance queries
* Ability to articular the key risks and benefits of the opportunity to internal stakeholders and in particular investment teams.
* Liaising with third party funders to secure financing.
Solution & submission Leadership - lead each bid submission process to ensure deadlines are met with high quality outputs.
* To ensure client insights/needs are included within our solutions
* Comply with all governance processes to ensure authority to proceed
* Ensure all stakeholders are briefed on submissions as they progress
* Assemble and manage bid teams including SMEs, estimators, bid support, supply chain, commercial and operations as appropriate
* Work closely with commercial finance team to challenge existing and new costs to produce compelling outcomes
* Lead and support opportunities through to financial and commercial closure with the client
* Assist in the smooth hand over to delivery teams
General - provide a range of general duties and ad-hoc support to the wider business development efforts.
* Lead the development of collateral and other sales materials
* Lead marketing campaigns and events
* Support the Team Reviews for other bids/prospects as part of the governance process
* Flexibility to support the business as needs arise
£50000 - £65000 per annum + Benefits package
21 days ago
Energy Manager / BDM (Zero Carbon)