Salary: £40,000 plus car allowance
Established in the UK 40 years ago, the company has developed into an international multi-disciplinary consultancy operating from over 20 locations across the globe. They currently operate in the UK, Australia, Asia, MENA, and Europe. They have taken their UK knowledge and award-winning engineering expertise to each of these markets and tailored it to suit individual local needs. Their success in these new markets is attributed to their ability to be flexible, highly responsive and adaptable to the different challenges, regulations and local practices that influence the delivery of projects in each region. With over 900 staff across the globe offering a full range of integrated engineering services, they are big enough to be able to provide a highly focused and dedicated team on their clients’ projects, but still at a size where their core values can be effectively applied. The Building Services team is a source of world-leading expertise and offers a pro-active and collaborative approach to skill development and professional excellence.
This is an excellent opportunity for a skilled and experienced Electrical Engineer to join the building services team at our Newcastle office, to lead on the design of some of the most exciting electrical design projects in the UK and internationally.
As a leading figure in our established team of expert engineers and technicians, and working closely with colleagues of various disciplines, you will prepare and oversee detailed engineering designs using Amtech and Dialux. You will work across a variety of sectors such as Education, Commercial, Healthcare, Retail, and Critical Systems, and will take responsibility for the management of projects to achieve financial and time deadlines – attending and leading project and design meetings to ensure successful planning, allocation, and coordination of work.
- Educated to degree level in Electrical or Building Services Engineering (MEng or BEng or equivalent)
- Experience within a consultancy environment (design and coordination of electrical distribution and power generation, lighting, security systems etc).
- Be well versed in the use of relevant design software including Amtech and ideally, Dialux.
- Proven ability in producing low energy design solutions, carrying out site inspections and surveys, detail design development, and crucially – you have a passion for creative and intuitive design.
- Excellent communication skills and experience of using your initiative to overcome challenges are essential.
- Pension scheme
- Car allowance
- 23 days holiday (with the opportunity to obtain more)
- Income protection