SENIOR ELECTRICAL ENGINEER (DESIGN)
We are currently seeking a full time Senior Electrical Engineer (Design), based either in Northern or Southern England, with travel to nationwide sites.
The suitable candidate for this role would possess solid multi-tasking and prioritising skills, as they would be required to oversee numerous projects under their portfolio, as well as assist with the day to day activities of the role. You will also be highly driven, an innovative thinker with a strong team working ethic to hit the ground running and thrive in this busy and successful organisation.
The successful candidate will have proven experience working on HV/LV distribution system which will include working with CHP, standby generation, UPS, battery storage and connection to the DNO electricity distribution systems. Ideally they will have hands-on experience of project ownership from analysis, design, installation and operation and maintenance of electrical systems.
The candidate will also work with our audit team to provide buildable designs to execute energy saving measures, which will utilise their experience of delivering solutions on live sites.
They will also assist the mechanical design engineer in the electrical design for mechanical systems, such as CHP or heat pumps.
* End-to-end development and delivery of electrical designs.
* Review of electrical and control design undertaken by sub-consultants.
* Development of project specifications, including those from other engineering disciplines.
* Develop, test and evaluate the performance of systems.
* Design and implement systems to improve efficiency and sustainability.
* Produce detailed specifications and outline designs.
* Leading M&E design for electrically biased projects with support from a mechanical design engineer as appropriate, overseeing programme, internal review, client approval, and design management tools.
* Negotiate and complete G99 an G100 applications and connections with District Network Operators on behalf of Clients.
* Manage people, projects and resources
* Keeping up to date with the latest regulations and guidance.
* Discussion and solving of complex problems with clients, design team, suppliers and sub-contractors
* Liaison with clients, design team, suppliers and contractors
* Analysis and interpretation of data and information
* Ensuring that a design can be implemented within a live operational site with minimum disruption
* Consideration of the implications of issues such as cost, safety and time constraints.
* Creation of reports and documentation.
Essential Skills and Experience
* BSc or BEng Electrical Engineering
* 8+ years commercial experience, ideally within Energy, SME Business in a live operational building
* Experience of working with LV/HV Systems, CHP, Renewable Power, On-site generation and Protection.
* Experience designing to the requirements of international standards: CIBSE, HTMs, HBNs, BSENs (especially IET regulations), Building Regulations