£40,000 - £50,000
We are looking for an experienced Design Engineer to join a medium-sized consultancy in York. This is a senior role and will be responsible for managing graduate and assistant engineers.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced engineer that is looking to take on more responsibility and mentor others, whilst continuing to be hands-on.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in the design of Civil Engineering structures.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in assessment and design, ideally of railway bridges and station structures
- Experience in rail with associated understanding of bridges, earthworks, drainage and highways interfaces.
- Experience of working on multi-disciplinary projects including interactions with E&P, Signalling, Telecoms, P’Way, and OLE.
- Confident at designing in steel, concrete, composites, masonry and timber.
- Working knowledge of relevant Structural Assessment and Design software packages.
- Knowledge of Engineering drawing practices.
- Working knowledge of relevant British Standards, Eurocodes, and Regulatory Body Standards.
- Awareness of ISO 9001 / 14001 / 44001, PAS 1192 and OHSAS 18001 Standards.
- Understanding of SHEQ (Safety, Health, Environment & Quality) requirements.
- Understands the importance of achieving customer satisfaction by driving and maintaining the highest level of standards and working collaboratively.
- Good organisational, communication, reporting and presentation skills.
- Committed to professional development of self and others.
- Competitive salary negotiable dependant on experience.
- Company car or car allowance (if Chartered or Incorporated).
- 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays.
- And all the usual stuff