Edgware (North London)
£40,000 - £50,000 + Additional company benefits
A specialist Building Envelope Solutions company within the construction sector specialising in design, installation and construction management to ensures the delivery of first-rate, tailored, roofing and cladding solutions for their clients. Looking for an experienced and enthusiastic Senior Design Engineer for an exciting new opportunity.
You will be required to interpret architects’ requirements on the design, fabrication, installation of building cladding, façades skylights and fenestration via drawings and other related information.
- Provide direction and support to the design team.
- Attendance at handover meetings to discuss the project.
- Liaising with clients to proactively deal with any discrepancies within a project.
- Ensuring that any relevant project information received from the client is appropriately transmitted within the company;
- Production of working drawings/design in accordance with the specifications received from the client.
- Ensuring that drawings are within the cost budget of the estimate.
- Providing technical calculations.
- Producing flashing schedules, procurement schedules, cutting and fixing lists.
- Conducting site surveys of existing and new buildings.
- Organising delivery of samples required by the client and obtaining approval of samples.
- Applying for manufacturers guarantees and warranties where necessary.
Ideal candidate will:
- Have a degree, HND or equivalent, ideally in construction or engineering
- Have a minimum of 5 years’ experience as a façade designer/engineer for a main contractor or a specialist contractor, in a related sector of the industry, ie facades and/or glazing.
- Have high standards of numeracy, oral and written communication skills and be able to demonstrate a capability to organise and prioritise workloads effectively and work on own initiative.
For more information contact Scott at Akton Recruitment - firstname.lastname@example.org