£55,000 - £65,000
The role is based in the heart of Manchester, walking distance form Manchester Piccadilly Station. Working in this high-end office, you will work along-side like-minded people and lead a team on major infrastructure projects.
What you'll need:
- A minimum of 8 years’ experience of the civil engineering industry
- Expert knowledge and strong commercial understanding of the cost components contained in civil engineering projects
- Strong communication skills and be process orientated
- Strong numerical and data analysis skills
- Knowledge of cost estimating processes
- In depth knowledge and understanding of highways and construction operations ideally gained from experience with a main contractor
- Experience of procurement and securing subcontractors through contract negotiations
As a Senior Consultant you will act as a provider of commercial knowledge and will be expected to manage a substantial number of schemes/projects for our clients and be capable of managing jobs concurrently.
To manage all aspects of financial control provider and managed works contracts, including value engineering, estimating, negotiating prices, identifying and agreeing the value of additional works, interim valuations, final accounts and the production and management of contractual documentation. Measuring and evaluating works undertaken, compiling interim applications, pricing and agreeing compensation events/variations and agreeing final accounts with the client are vital components of this role.
You will also be one of the primary relationship builders, liaising with clients and potential clients, on behalf of the company.
- 08:30 - 17:00
- 23.5 days holiday + Bank Holidays
- Family-run business
- Growing steadily with big plans for the future
- Office based - limited travel
- Positive work/life balance
- Career progression opportunities