Senior Construction Project Manager required for a fantastic contract based in Ilford
Regeneration, Property & Planning
This will involve:
- Responsibility for the management of all project staff, contractors and consultants appointed to support the delivery of relevant capital projects setting targets, monitoring performance and taking corrective action as required;
- Support the development of the capital programmes in respect of Housing (including through the Council's wholly owned Development Company), Education and Regeneration etc;
- Develop clear project briefs/specifications with sponsor departments to secure agreement on outputs, budgets and programmes for individual projects;
- Lead the development and delivery of capital projects from inception through to completion including:
- securing relevant internal approvals;
- undertaking procurement activity in line with relevant policies;
- representing the Council's interests in discussions with consultants/contractors;
- monitoring delivery against agreed cost, programme and quality targets (escalating issues as necessary);
- managing handover arrangements to ensure that projects are provided to BAU host departments in a fit state and that all health and safety manuals and user training is completed; and
- undertaking project closure reviews to record project outcomes and capture any learning points.
- Where required, support the development of capital project proposals in respect of regeneration, transformation, property maintenance etc, providing expert advice to colleagues to ensure that schemes can be effectively and efficiently delivered.
Please do not apply if no construction experience
Key Experience and Skills required:
- Recent experience in a Construction client side Senior Project Manager role;
- Must have public sector experience in local authority processes and systems including governance, financial management, contracts management, procurement, quality assurance, cabinet report writing and audit compliance.
- Experience, understanding and use of RIBA processes.
- Must have experience of project managing residential housing.
- Demonstrable experience in Project development and pre-construction
- Demonstrable experience in Project delivery, construction, handover and post completion
- Experienced in managing multiple schemes
- Education sector experience desirable
- Public realm and leisure experience desirable
- Experienced in Design, Planning and Supply chain management - consultants and contractors
- Stakeholder engagement.
- 3-6 Months
- Based in Ilford
- £400 per day (Paid via Umbrella Company)
If interested please call Jack on 01772 428186 or email