c£55,000-£65,000 + Car Allowance + Benefits + Bonus
I'm currently working with a leading house builder with a turnover of 100Million with a strong growth strategy in place. They have a prestigious reputation and have received the five-star builder accreditation and won a Business of the Year award in 2019. Being a family run business, it still has that friendly feel and promotes career development. They have several offices throughout the UK; this role will be based at the Droitwich office.
The successful candidate will have experience in managing a commercial team, an ability to build relationships with people at entry level and strong team working skills. Responsible for the commercial performance within the region, ensuring deadlines are achieved and maintaining consistent practice and reporting:
Responsible for the commercial performance of the Region. You will primarily be working in the Commercial team. You will be overall responsible for the procurement of the sub-contract and cost control for the residential developments within your region. You will also lead and manage the commercial team for your region. You will work in an environment where the power of team work and collaboration is valued. On a day to day basis you will;
- Working with the land Director, land and technical teams in producing robust land appraisals for new land bid submissions
- Setting tasks for the commercial team on a periodic basis to ensure that the workload is completed on time
- Working closely with land and technical teams during the course of planning applications
- Consider and implement solutions to improve the efficiency and profitability of the region
- Responsible for working with Surveyors in procuring trades for new developments. Responsible for signing off Regional sub-contract orders and payments
- Responsible for formulating site start budgets
- Responsible for controlling Regional cost base and reporting data to the Board
- Responsible for Regional valuations and reporting them to the Board.
- Involvement in budgeting and cash flowing Regional S106 payments
- Producing a Commercial insert for the Regional monthly ‘Management Meeting’ pack.
- Responsible for gathering data and compiling draft annual Turnover, Profit and Plot Number Budgets / Targets
- Managing and nurturing sub-contractor relationships and quality of service
- Ensuring that customer care and 5 Start Builder Status takes priority
- Accountable for team recruitment, appraisals and development.
- Technically strong with a HNC qualification/formal construction college qualification
- Be at minimum grade of an established Commercial Manager
- Full of energy to drive the regions Company growth
- Effective communication skills, commercial acumen, negotiation, task and deadline management skills are all required
- Strong team working skills and an ability to build relationships with people at every level
- Experience of involvement in other disciplines such as land, technical and managing a team would all be advantageous