£60,000 + car allowance
I am looking for a senior project manager to join a multi-disciplinary construction company, working on projects in reading and oxford.
You should have experience in S278/S38 Highways works.
You will I ideally have 10 + years’ experience as a project manager and come from a tier 2 contracting background. You must hold CSCS black card, SMSTS, Street works supervisor, first aid and temporary works coordinator.
You should ideally be located within the Reading / Hampshire / Oxfordshire area.
As the Project Manager, your job is to plan, budget, oversee and document all aspects of the specific project you are working on.
- To take responsibility for the success, safety, quality, environmental, delivery and commercial and programme compliance of all contracts in your control.
- Ensure that all business operations are executed in a safe manner within current Health, Safety and Environmental legislation.
- Managing all site-based personnel within the contract.
- Controlling client liaison and site team relationships.
- Have a working knowledge of the CDM regulations.
- Have a working knowledge of NEC 3 and JCT Conditions of Contract.
- Have a working knowledge of construction methods and techniques.
- Effectively manage direct labour, sub-contractors, plant hire and material ordering.
- To provide accurate management information to Contract Manager/Project Quantity Surveyor/Commercial Manager as required.
- To manage all contracts with a view to maximising margins.
- Have a working knowledge of current programming software.
- Preparation of safety documentation as required, CPP/RAMS/Risk Assessments/COSHH Assessments etc.
- Be able to work clearly and accurately under pressure and tight timescales.
- Be able to think logically and laterally.
- Ability to demonstrate excellent communication and organisational skills.
Key skills required:
- Project Management
- Record keeping
- Time management and call offs
- Sub-contractor co-ordination
- Health and safety
If you are interested in finding out more about this role please contact Ben at Akton Recruitment, quoting BA/32303