JOB TITLE: Senior Accountant
Akton Recruitment are searching for a Senior Accountant for a client in the Basildon Area.
Corporate Finance plays a major role in supporting effective management of the Clients finances and secure stewardship of their funds. This is achieved by providing financial advice on all corporate and service developments in order to support corporate decision making arrangements. The Service is responsible for development of the Client’s medium term financial strategy and the annual budget setting process to ensure effective delivery of the Corporate Plan. The Service also has to be flexible to meet the demands of legislative changes and is required to be reactive to client needs and external influences.
This role is within the Management Accounting Team which is responsible for the preparation and regular budget monitoring of the General Fund budgets, including the annual Council Tax setting process.
- Experience of liaison with budget managers and senior staff.
- A professional and motivated self starter with the ability to work well both as an individual and as part of a team.
- Excellent IT skills including strong technical experience of financial management systems and desk top analytical tools.
- AAT qualified (or higher)
- Numerate with the ability to handle complex statistical and financial data and the ability to interpret such data accordingly.
For further information contact Matt on: 01772 428186