Akton Resourcing are working with the Local Authorities to fill a contract position for a SEND Support Worker. This role is initially a contract position working part time. Working hours are as follows;
Tuesday: All day
Thursday: All Day
These hours are non negotiable, if you are unable to work them please do not apply.
To complement the work of school staff and SEND & Inclusion Service Managers by taking responsibility for the organisation and support of agreed learning activities for groups of pupils, or specific individual pupils who all have complex special educational needs. The primary focus is to support the development and inclusion of children and young people through;
- Direct work with individuals, groups and occasionally whole classes under the direction and supervision of a qualified teacher or external SEND & Inclusion Specialist
- Coaching, mentoring and capacity building with education providers To work collaboratively with school staff and external specialists in the whole planning cycle and the management/preparation of resources. Also to deliver learning to individuals, small groups and occasionally whole classes as and when required;
To encourage pupils to become independent learners, to provide support for their welfare, and to support the inclusion of pupils in all aspects of their education.
- Plan, prepare and deliver learning activities for individuals and groups of pupils under the professional direction and supervision of a qualified teacher and/or external SEND & Inclusion specialist , differentiating and adapting learning programmes to suit the needs of individual pupils;
- To work with children and young people who have extremely complex or additional needs and in some instances life limiting conditions;
- Supply specialist support with direction and guidance from SEND & Inclusion Specialists, allowing pupils to access the curriculum and to participate fully in school activities;
- Coaching /Assisting classroom and Learning Support Assistants within schools in area of specialism
- Advise on appropriate ways of delivering specialist programmes including frequency and methods of delivery.
- Advise on appropriate activities, techniques and resources including modelling their use.
- Share relevant teaching materials electronically and recommend appropriate resources
- Advise on monitoring progress and adapting programmes and targets.
- To safely maintain records of involvement with schools and monitor and evaluate pupils progress.
- Write short reports on interventions and pupil progress when appropriate
- Contribute to the evaluation of the effectiveness of the support provided.
- This role will provide support to pupils who have communication difficulties and also where English is not the first language;
- Assess, record and report on development, progress and attainment as agreed with school staff and/or SEND & Inclusion Managers;
- Contribute to and implement SEN Support plans
- Monitor and record pupil responses and learning achievements, drawing any problems which cannot be resolved to the attention of the teacher and SEND & Inclusion Manager, to support future interventions.
- Plan and evaluate specialist learning activities with the teacher, including the SEND & Inclusion manager, writing reports and records and providing focussed personalised provision as required;