Akton Resourcing are working with the Local Authorities to fill a contract position for a SEND Administrator. This position is initially a 3 month contract and is paying £11PH.
All officers employed within Business Services have, as well as their specific post related responsibilities, a general responsibility to contribute to the successful operation of the Business Services by recognising that the purpose of the Service is facilitating and supporting learning in the County and that doing so requires staff to work together in teams and co-operate to achieve this objective. The general responsibilities of the post therefore include:
To contribute to improving the quality of education and learning opportunities for the people of the County of Durham by assisting:
- Individual clients and service users
- Headteachers and other heads of establishments and services of the LA and other teaching and support staff on managerial, administrative, procedural, resource and other matters
- Colleague officers and inspectors and, where appropriate, governors and Elected Members in supporting schools and other educational establishments in their work
This will involve supporting the senior management team of the Department and the wider group of the Department's officers in:
- Implementing the policies of the Local Authority as they bear on the individual's post and responsibilities
- Providing direct advice and support to clients of the Children and Adults Services
- Responding to requests for advice from headteachers and heads of other educational establishments or services
- Assisting in the organisation of, and taking part in, County Council in-service training and personal development programmes
- Assisting in the implementation of special projects as appropriate to the postholder's sphere of work
- Contributing to regular review processes
- Maintaining an effective and up to date expertise and ongoing involvement in policy implementation, specifically in relation to the duties of the post but also more generally
Duties and responsibilities
Listed below are the responsibilities this role will be primarily responsible for:
- To provide high quality and accurate typing/word processing of reports, statutory advice and course materials, formatting and distribution of reports and statutory advice, including monitoring the statutory timescales of these reports, including work of a confidential nature.
- To word process course materials using PowerPoint.
- Input of referral information, data and maintenance of database information, producing reports from this data and liaising with the Synergy team.
- To advertise and administer training courses on Synergy and School's Extranet and collating evaluations and charging for attendance.
- To make arrangements for meetings and training events including the booking of venues.
- Liaise with internal and external agencies regarding referrals.
- To assist with appointment and other diary commitment planning and organising.
- Open and distribute incoming mail and prepare outgoing mail for courier collection.
- Provision of a message taking service following telephone calls and signposting callers where appropriate to other services, including providing advice to members of the public and dealing with complaints.
- To receive clients and visitors.
- Responsibility for the development and maintenance of comprehensive, confidential records and archive systems. Both paper records and computerised.
- To respond to and maintain records relating to statutory and other timescales for EPS communications.
- Maintaining data for the Early Years Education Team including monitoring the requirement by age for referral of children to other services.
- To support in dealing with the work of absent colleagues in the Business Services team.
- Provision of clerical support and maintenance of the waiting list for the Portage Service.
- Supporting the following teams in the activities they undertake within a range of associated SEND Support Teams:
- Educational Psychology Service
- Cognition & Learning Team
- Autism & Social Communication Team
- Durham Portage Service
- Speech & Language Support Programme
- Movement, Sensory Motor Team
- Invoicing for courses and sale of publications.
- Assist with ordering and distributing stationery items, carrying out stock checks of stationery and equipment.
- Photocopying, binding, laminating, scanning of documents;
- Ensure documents and information are kept safe and secure in line with Data Protection and Caldicott requirements;
Given the dynamic nature of the role and structure of Business Services at the present time, it must be accepted that, as the Service's work develops and changes, there will be a need for adjustments to the role and responsibilities of the post. The duties specified above are, therefore, not to be regarded as either exclusive or exhaustive. They may change from time to time commensurate with the grading level of the post and following consultation with the officer which may, if he/she so wishes, involve a union representative.