SEN Caseworker ~ Education Inclusion Service
Searching for a suitable SEN Caseworker to help with administrative processes of the Education Health and Care Plan application. Further to support SEN officers with different jobs.
- Ensure that documents are produced and completed in support of Special Education Needs team within the Education inclusion Service to ensure statutory and service level agreement timescales are met.
- To maintain different records and keep data updated.
- Organise events and ensure to process the administrative work from the events.
- Contribute to developments in services and implement agreed changes to improve service delivery.
- To deal with initial complaints sensitively and professionally, referring the more serious to senior managers.
Knowledge, skills and experience:
- Level 2 Maths and English or equivalent
- Level 3 or 4 qualifications or equivalent to demonstrate technically specific skills relating to Business Support/ICT/Administration.
- Evidence of a high level of ICT skills (user).
- Practical work experience in a role using transferable skills including the ability to manage own work and a 'can do' approach.
- An awareness and general understanding of the SEN Code of Practice, Children and Families Act and Local Authority policies.
- Ability to work with internal colleagues and partner agencies including schools and colleges.
- Satisfactory enhanced DBS disclosure certificate (relevant applications and checks will be carried out before any job offer is confirmed).