Akton Recruitment are working with the Local Authorities to fill a contract position for a School Administrator. This position is initially on a rolling monthly contract dependent on performance. Working hours are Mon-Fri 9:00AM-1:00PM, 20 hours per week. Starting pay rate for this position is £11PH.
- Being a point of contact for the school, welcoming parents/carers, visitors, contractors, other Local Authority employees, etc, ensuring that health and safety procedures are followed and answering telephone calls.
- Being responsible for providing general clerical support including photocopying, typing, word processing, laminating etc.
- Being responsible for ensuring all necessary administrative tasks are covered and carried out to ensure the smooth running of the school and all Local Authority processes and procedures are followed.
- Being responsible for the initiation of First Day Calls - contacting the parents/carers of pupils that have an absence from school during the morning of their first day of absence.
- Keeping information relating to the attendance of pupils up to date and providing information upon request to others.
- The maintenance of computer based records using SIMS so that these are all kept current and up to date to ensure contact can be made when necessary with all members of staff and parents/carers and that pupil and personnel information is available to others when necessary and appropriate.
- Providing dinner numbers and liaising with kitchen staff, lunchtime supervisory assistants, caretaker and cleaners including the reporting and monitoring repairs to fabric and equipment.
- To complete statistical returns, in relation to school meals, in a timely and accurate fashion.
- Assisting in the preparation and collation of school reports to ensure these are delivered to pupils on time and in a professional manner.
- The co-ordination of whole school documentation, eg, school brochure, induction packs for new starters, etc.
- The collection of monies from pupils and families.
- Providing pastoral care and support to sick and injured children taking appropriate action as necessary, ensuring parents and school staff are fully informed of incidents and accidents.
- Informing parents/carers of pupils reported ill whilst on school premises.
- Attending any training courses relevant to the post, ensuring continuing, personal and professional development.
- Working as part of a team.
- Presenting oneself as a role model to pupils in speech, dress, behaviour and conduct.
- Assist in collation of requests for Pre and After School Clubs and entering information onto database, advising Parents/Carers of places on Clubs.
- Use of school texting service, ensuring all relevant telephone numbers are regularly checked to ensure they are valid.
- To be willing to undertake Emergency First Aid at Work course and administer first aid to children/adults.
- Responsible for the receiving of delivered goods, checking goods against delivery notes/invoices, arranging for their storage or distribution within school. Ensuring adequate stock control measures are in place for all stationery/resources.
- Display a high degree of integrity and discretion especially when dealing with sensitive information.
The Post holder may undertake any other duties that are commensurate with the post.
The Post holder has common duties and responsibilities in the areas of:-
Quality Assurance, Communication, Professional Practice, Health & Safety, General Management (where applicable), Financial Management (where applicable), Appraisal, Equality & Diversity, Confidentiality and Induction.
Unless otherwise indicated, no part of this job profile should be construed as determining the amount of time spent on a particular duty or responsibility.