Akton Recruitment currently has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Revenues Officer join the team within a local authority team.
General Overview: The position is responsible for undertaking all aspects of administrative processing to deliver the full range of Revenue and Benefit Services. Ensure all work is dealt with in an accurate and timely manner and in accordance with all relevant statutory regulations, policies and procedures. Deliver excellent outcomes for customers and ensure adherence to agreed key metrics and KPIs that contribute to delivery of an efficient and effective Revenues and Benefits Service.
Primary Accountabilities and deliverables
- Provide high quality, timely and professional services through all customer contact channels
- Verify, process and administer all aspects of Local Taxation including calculation of liability, award of council tax support, reductions and reliefs.
- Verify, assess and award Housing Benefit, and Discretionary Hardship Payments
- Provide Billing, Collection and Enforcement in respect of all debts administered by the Revenues and Benefit Services
- Contribute to the overall performance of the Revenues and Benefits Service by adherence to key metrics and KPI’s to deliver excellent customer service
- Ensure behaviours are aligned with Cofely’s core values and competencies.
Specific tasks and responsibilities
- Undertake a range of routines to maintain and update all Council Tax and National Non Domestic Rates (NNDR) accounts, adhering to key metrics and measures
- Undertake a range of routines to maintain and update all Council Tax Support and Housing Benefit Cases, adhering to key metrics and measures
- Undertake a range of routines to maintain and update all Sundry Debt accounts, adhering to key metrics and measures
- Undertake interviews, inspections, court attendance, home visits and attend events as required
- Undertake an effective recovery and enforcement service for all debts
- Responsible for own personal development and assist in the skills training of other staff
- Contribute to ongoing service development to improve quality and reduce the cost of delivery
- Effective and accurate maintenance of accounts and claims, adhering to all statutory requirements, policies and procedures
- Identification and ownership of customer requirements to ensure resolution of customer issues.
- Operate within a performance management framework
- Liaise with advisors across Revenues, Benefits and Customer Services to develop productive working relationships with all service areas and partner agencies.
- To respect confidentiality and all Data Protection principles at all times.
- 4 GCSE at Grade C or above including English and Maths (or equivalent)
- Experience of working with, understanding and meeting the needs of customers in a customer service environment (1 year minimum)
- Experience in a Revenues and Benefits Service (or equivalent e.g. DWP, Housing) is desirable
Roles and Behaviours
- Is motivated by and enjoys helping people
- A positive energetic e/SAParn and practice attitude to change