Akton Recruitment are working with the Local Authorities to fill a contract position for a Residential Support Worker. This position is initially for BANK staff, looking to cover full time hours. This role is currently paying £11PH and is initially until the end of the year.
Support vulnerable adults within a residential setting to live a holistic and independent life.
- To assist and support people using the service with personal care and physical tasks e.g. assistance with dressing, washing, bathing and with meals
- Social duties (e.g. talking and helping people using the service to maintain contact with family, friends and community, and recreation) aimed at creating a supporting atmosphere where people using the service can achieve maximum independence. Encourage and assist people using the service with individual and group social and therapeutic activities of the service.
- To participate in the normal domestic tasks connected with the daily routine of the service and the personal needs of the people using the service.
- To enter details of incidents and events occurring during a period of duty in the appropriate records, and to report verbally to the senior member of staff on duty before leaving the premises.
- To report and record significant matters in the lives of people using the service in accordance with the department's policy to Access to Records.
- To maintain and update care plans and risk assessments with people using the service and senior staff on duty
- To distribute/administer medication as instructed.
- To attend and participate in staff meetings and supervisions.
- Available immediately
- Experience in a similar position
- Administering Medication Trained