Akton Recruitment are working in partnership with the Local Authorities to fill a contract position for a Residential Children's Worker. This position is initially on a contract, working shifts and is currently paying £12PH
To provide support in a relevant professional area or oversee and co-ordinate the provision of a support function or undertake a specialised skilled activity. This may include day-to-day supervision and direction of a small group or team.
- To provide direct and practical support and advice to families and children accessing children's residential/outreach services
- To provide support and assistance to other agencies and LCC colleagues in the assessment, planning, delivery and evaluation of services to children and young people
- To take responsibility for key working in a residential and other related children and young peoples settings
- To work with young people and families in the local community in support of the Outreach Service and the ethos of reducing the numbers of Children Looked After.
- To plan, organise and facilitate group activities, and individual support for families, children and young people
- To produce and maintain records on an Integrated Childrens System
- To work in a flexible manner as part of a multi disciplinary team whilst working in partnership with other agencies