Akton has an opening for a Repairs Officer
Overall Purpose of Job
To provide an excellent level of customer service whilst dealing with repairs and maintenance requests and enquiries.
To take requests for repairs from tenants and order repair work whilst maintaining the highest level of customer service.
To prioritise jobs by need into existing categories.
To allocate works order codes to be used to identify the right trades-person to attend to carry out the correct works in the chosen category timescale.
To manage day to day job allocation to relevant trades according to priority
To manage complaints and Members Enquiries
To undertake all responsibilities listed below:
1. Deal with customer enquiries in a professional manner, and ensure that the service offered is courteous, helpful and accessible, demonstrate imagination, initiative, resourcefulness and resilience in a demanding environment.
2. To raise, manage, plan organise allocate and co-ordinate and complete works orders allocated to the team and the contractors within in prescribed timescales and approved budgets
3. Manage complaints and liaise with the Corporate Complaints Team to ensure they are responded to within target deadlines
4. Place repair orders on the repairs computer systems and maintain/update systems with current information whenever it comes available. Being responsible for cost and budgetary expenditure to an agreed job limit. (£1000 currently.) Team collectively responsible for placing order worth in excess of £9.0m.
5. Work as part of a team dealing with and processing telephone calls relating to repairs requests and repair enquiries. Ensure customer calls are answered within defined standards of service to achieve a set of Key Performance Indicators.
6. To receive repair requests and enquires (by a variety of media) and to question the caller/resident to establish requirement to allow the repair to be carried out within set priorities and in the least possible number of visits. (Including specific procedures for emergency jobs.)
7. To ensure that all the correct policies and procedures are followed and to keep up to date with procedure, policy and legislative changes in order to provide current information to customers and help resolve problems.
8. To undertake outbound calls to meet the demands of the department.
£15.00 - £16 per day
about 1 month ago