Akton Recruitment has an opening for a Repairs Manager
Purpose of the Role:
1. Provide strategic leadership for the contract area, to develop the team and service to maintain industry best practice, by employing innovative and collaborative ways of working to take advantage of the opportunities for growth and service improvement.
2. Provide leadership in the management, organisation and control of up to a large team of craft workers, operatives and back-office staff within specific area of responsibility. Set targets, monitor performance, attendance and conduct, identify training needs, undertake interviews and select staff in line with council procedures.
3. Establish a strong performance management culture which encompasses challenging targets for all areas of activity and are subject to regular review.
4. Provide full operational financial control of a maintenance and repair service area to the value of £1.25m. Ensuring value for money is provided at all times.
5. Undertake regular auditing and testing of the services provided. Prepare and agreeing such action or improvement plans as required in order to achieve target standards, lead on business planning objectives to improve day to day repair and maintenance services.
6. Lead the change management within the business unit and across the division to the working practices.
7. Promote and deliver a customer centered service that is responsive to internal and external customer needs, and places resident involvement at the heart of the service.
8. Deliver a highly professional service through on-going technical expertise and knowledge development amongst the team, and actively encourage staff to identify and implement changes in working practices that will deliver continuous improvement.
Up to £24.00 per hour
20 days ago