Akton Recruitment has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Regulatory Services Field Officer to join the Barnsley Council.
Job Role: Regulatory Services Field Officer
To ensure compliance with legislation and statutory guidance through a range of interventions including advice, consultations, premises and business inspections, complaint and accident investigations, taking the appropriate follow up action, including use of formal enforcement procedures and to promote the core purpose of the Council and the Service.
- Contribute to the work of a specialist team and delivery of operational unit plans, promoting a positive image of the Service always.
- Carry out a range of regulatory services functions including inspections, licensing or approval visits, complaint investigations, sampling or monitoring activities and planning and entertainment licensing consultations.
- To undertake follow-up action in the form of correspondence, statutory notices and enforcement action including preparing cases for legal proceedings.
- Provide general advice, guidance and information to businesses, members of the public, external agencies and councillors including acting as a Council witness at Court Hearings, Tribunals, Public Inquiries etc.
- Maintain accurate, up to date, detailed records of actions taken using IT equipment where required.
£12.58 per hour
1 month contact (possibly going perm)