The Main Duties of the post are as follows
- To be responsible for the effective management, organisation, development and delivery of the regeneration and growth function within the service area.
- To ensure the effective management of the regeneration and growth team including work programming and prioritisation.
- To be responsible for the preparation, implementation, and monitoring of a framework for regeneration in the borough including the economic strategy, investment and physical regeneration strategy.
- To be responsible for developing, implementing, and monitoring the strategy to support existing and new businesses within Sandwell. To oversee the delivery of regeneration projects to minimise project risks and maximise regeneration benefits to the borough, reporting to the Service Manager.
- To ensure opportunities to access regeneration funding are maximised to the benefit of the borough
- To develop strategic relationships with partner organisations particularly those that contributes to the physical, social and economic prosperity of the borough.
- To be responsible for the production of briefs and masterplans to support the development or disposal of land that contributes to the efficient planning of the borough.
- To be responsible for the preparation of reports to Cabinet on regeneration matters.
- To liaise with and provide briefings to elected members on complex matters as required by the Service Manager.
- To assist the Service Manager with business planning in relation to the activities of the regeneration & growth team.
- To assist the Service Manager in setting the budget for the Regeneration & Growth Team including forecasting and monitoring spend and ensuring procurement is in line with council policies.
- To efficiently manage the revenue budget for the team and other budgets as necessary.
- To deputise for the Service Manager at appropriate meetings of corporate, regional, national partnership bodies
- Educated to degree level or equivalent in town planning or economic development or related discipline
- Experience of managing strategic projects. Some experience of managing others. Experience of managing tasks involving others. Minimum of five years’ experience working in a complex environment. Experience of managing budgets. Experience in managing complex information and data and making balanced decisions.
- Knowledge of structures, policy, and governance in relation to physical and economic regeneration.
- Knowledge of the planning system.
- Knowledge of current public sector funding streams to assist regeneration.
- Understanding of key council policies relevant to the position.
- Knowledge of the council’s appraisal process.
- Locum Contract
- Full Time
- Inside IR35