Akton recruitment has an exciting opportunity for a Recycling Assistant to join the team at the Hackney Council.
Job Role: Recycling Assistant
PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
- To assist the Recycling Officer in the administration, organisation, promotion, consultation, installation, operation and monitoring of kerbside, estate and bring site recycling schemes within Hackney.
- To provide support to the Recycling Officer to increase recycling and waste minimisation activities within the Borough.
- To liaise with different groups associated with multi-occupancy dwellings and bring sites (including the commuter and park recycling bins) within the Borough and actively promote the expansion of the number of communal recycling facilities and promote their use.
- To assist the Recycling Officer to manage kerbside recycling schemes (eg. green waste, kitchen waste, dry recyclables' collection scheme), estates-based recycling schemes and reuse projects.
- To assist the Recycling Officer to manage the waste awareness and education service as and when required.
- To provide word processing and database support to the Recycling Office, typing letters, reports, memos, and producing spreadsheets and other information related to recycling activities.
- To process customer queries and complaints within Recycling Operations in accordance with Council procedures.
- To maintain operational information and schedule and performance monitoring data. To correlate and analyse data received and provide various statistics related to the work of the Recycling Operations (eg. recycling tonnages, performance indicators, etc), using Access and Excel packages.
£17.74 (UMBRELLA HOUR RATE)
3 MONTH CONTRACT