role: Quantity surveyor
Must have main contractor experience dealing with structral steelwork packages.
a fantastic opportunity for a Quantity surveyor looking for a new challenge reporting directly to the director. My Client carries out all types of steelwork projects from complex refurbishment projects to simple portal frames, and not only supply and fit of the main structural steel frame, but also manage smaller projects such as metal stairs, pre-cast stairs and planks, handrailing.
- Take commercial ownership of the projects from estimating the following contract award.
- Liaise and provide commercial support to the internal buying department in the procurement of materials and any sub-contracted elements.
- Prepare, submit and agree on monthly applications for payments as well as monitoring and ensuring prompt payment.
- Lead and manage the change control process and ensure all variations to the contract are identified and priced to ensure full recovery.
- Negotiate and agree on the value of all variations with the client organisation.
- Manage and maximise positive project cashflow including producing the weekly report
- Monitor, analyse and manage all internal and external project costs.
- Provide commercial and contractual advice and support to the Project Team.
- Ensure all contractual notices and procedures within the contract are adhered to and fulfilled.
- Prepare, submit and where appropriate agree on the final application for payment to the client.
- Prepare the monthly internal and external commercial reports and CVRs
- Ensure project compliance with all internal commercial and contractual governance.
A track record of successful projects should be demonstrated, with the following skills evident:
- Creative Thinking
- Customer Focus
- Communication Skills
- Analytical Thinking
- Team Working
- Drive & Decisiveness