Quantity Surveyor / Senior Quantity Surveyor (PQS) .
My client is an award winning national cost management consultancy seeking to employ a Quantity Surveyor / Senior Quantity Surveyor (PQS) to work in their Chelmsford consultancy.
The role will involve providing cost consultancy services on Education, Commercial, Residential and Healthcare projects.
This role presents an excellent opportunity for a proactive Quantity Surveyor/Senior Quantity Surveyor to add support to a growing Quantity Surveying team. The role requires a Quantity surveyor who can take lead and deliver projects, acting as the sole contact with the client. Projects ranging in value from £0.25m to £50m.
The Quantity Surveyor/Senior Quantity Surveyor role:
- Estimating and cost planning
- Procurement advice,
- Tender document preparation and reporting
- Contract administrator and cost control
- Interim valuations
- Cost reporting
- Contract and dispute advice
- Final account preparation
The Quantity Surveyor/Senior Quantity Surveyor:
- Degree or MRICS qualified in Quantity Surveying
- A minimum of 5 years' experience within a PQS consultancy/ Main contractor
- Feasibility and cost planning, procurement advice, tender documentation and post contract services
- Experience within Education and residential projects.
- Residential or Housing experience preferred
- Stakeholder management with a clear focus on developing client accounts and forging new business relationships
- A track record of working with teams and managing projects by prioritising workloads and delivering deadlines
- A team player, outgoing, flexible, enthusiastic and ambitious