Our client is an outstanding contractor with a rich history spanning over 200 years. They specialise in stonework and restoration projects and have recently under taken contracts on new build sites.
They are seeking an enthusiastic quantity surveyor/ estimator to join their team based in Central London working on projects throughout the borough.
To be successful in this position, the candidate must have strong estimating skills as this is essential to the commercial needs of the business. This is a company in which there are many opportunities for progression both personal and professionally so it is an opportunity not to be passed up!
Day to Day:
- Preparing tender and contract documents
- Establishing client requirements
- Performing risk and value management cost control
- Preparing and analysing costings
- Managing sub-contractors
- Working closely with sales team
- Assisting in procurement strategy
- 5+ years’ experience working as an quantity surveyor or estimator for a construction company
- Able to commute to offices in Central London
- Demonstrate a stable job history of continuous employment
- Experience with stone restoration projects would be very advantageous.
- Experience in MS Office and Asta Powerproject is highly desired.
- Previous experience of JCT Design and Build