Salary: £35,00-£40,000 Excellent Benefits
We are looking for a Quantity Surveyor for sites located in the North West area for a creative construction firm wanted for pricing up new projects. The successful candidate will join our commercial team for major projects in the UK across
The role’s responsibilities will include:
- Production of monthly applications for payment and ensuring timeous certification and payment.
- Input into monthly project reports including cost and value reporting, together with end of life forecasting.
- Subcontract procurement.
- Subcontract payments, compensation event management and final accounts.
- Change management including raising and valuing compensation events.
- Assisting with final account negotiations.
- General commercial support to the site team.
- Awareness of project planning techniques (MSP, P6).
- A sound working knowledge of various standard forms of contracts, focussing on the NEC.
Pre-requisite qualifications and capabilities
To be considered for this Quantity Surveyor role the following qualifications and experience are required;
- BSc (Hons) in Quantity Surveying (or similar)
- Chartered or working towards qualification
- Good knowledge of contract conditions within the construction industry
- A persuasive track record in commercially supporting the delivery of civil engineering projects.
- Ability to work well under pressure and to tight deadlines is crucial
- Computer literacy with good working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word and other Microsoft Office programmes.
- High level of attention to detail.
What we can offer you
For the right candidate, we can offer a competitive salary of up to £40,000
Job Type: Full-time
- QS Construction: 3 years (Min)
- Licence: driving (required)
If you’re reading this and want more information, call Dale Roberts at Akton Recruitment on 0161 233 0034 or send me your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org