London/Manchester with National UK Travel
We are currently seeking a full time Quantity Surveyor who would provide pre and post-award contract and cost management services across a portfolio of projects.
The suitable candidate for this role would possess solid multi-tasking and prioritising skills, as they would be required to support numerous projects under their portfolio, as well as assist with the day to day activities of the role. You will also be highly driven, an innovative thinker with a strong team working ethic to hit the ground running and thrive in this busy and successful organisation.
You will have experience in construction contract and cost management and experience on both M&E and building fabric projects would be advantageous. Skills and experience in estimating including surveying, measurement, developing bill of quantities (BOQs), and managing procurement.
· Managing pre-contract estimating including developing BOQs and managing sub-contractor tendering to develop budget and fixed pricing.
· Advising on procurement strategy and supporting the procurement of projects, including the preparation of tender and contract documentation.
· Conducting tender analysis for the purpose of contractor appointments and data capture for benchmarking and future cost plans.
· Developing and maintaining the CVRs on allocated projects and meeting the monthly reporting cycle of the business.
· Assisting the business in achieving the target Gross Margin on each allocated project.
· Managing work packages post-contract to include change control and valuation, progress valuations, cost reports and final accounts, ensuring compliance with Contract Schedule.
· Managing the monthly application, certification and invoicing process with clients and sub-contractors.
· Working closely with the site operational management teams to maximise commercial understanding, efficiency and opportunities as they arise on site.
· Inputting into the company's financial reporting tools as required.
· Providing crisp and focused reporting for cost budgets and appraisals.
· Maintaining effective communication to ensure all information is available for the successful completion of projects and liaising with internal and external parties to ensure efficient financial control.
· Identifying principal risks and opportunities, updating the relevant CVR R&O schedules to maintain a schedule of potential financial implications for the various projects.
· Compliance with Environmental, Health, Safety, Security and Quality Standards.
· Delivering all work outputs in an accurate and timely manner.
· Representing and acting as an ambassador for the company in a professional and confidence-inspiring manner; meeting, negotiating and corresponding with clients to form strong working relationships and maintain quality of service.
Skills & Experience:
· Expertise in administering high value, multi-disciplinary construction project work packages / contracts utilising forms of contract such as the NEC and JCT suites.
· Experience of Power and or Energy capital projects and a track record in building fabric would be advantageous.
· Demonstrable track record in managing complex, high value and varied contracts from a quantity surveying perspective.
· Degree qualified in quantity surveying or other relevant construction cost management discipline.
· Professional qualification and/or membership of the RICS or other relevant Chartered Institute.
£35000 - £45000 per annum
7 days ago