Quantity Surveyor required for a fantastic contract based in South Shields
- To deliver a customer focused quantity surveying service. To provide a comprehensive, efficient and effective service to the Council and other clients, adhering to all current legislation with close scrutiny on cost management. To generate sufficient fee income to meet the team's financial targets and to give close scrutiny to key performance targets
- You will be responsible for the delivery of cost management on a project basis. You will:
- Demonstrate a strong client focus whilst developing and complying with performance targets.
- Ensure cost control in the delivery of capital and refurbishment projects with strict budgetary management.
- You will ensure your work maintains technical excellence and a customer focused approach. You will:
- Manage your workload effectively, whilst playing a key role in the operation of quality assurance and ensuring that the customer receives an excellent service.
- Be a team player whilst recognising the importance of teamwork and helping colleagues across the division, when directed.
- You will be required to undertake operational and project based work associated with the team's expertise in Quantity Surveying Services. You will:
- Provide support to the team in all construction cost consultancy such as the provision of estimating and cost feasibility services.
- Produce contract documentation for a number of procurement routes and manage/deliver the tender process.
- Prepare and/or facilitate contract payments, interim valuations, and monthly cost reporting and total project financial management.
- HNC in construction or equivalent
- Substantial experience of working in a QS related position
- Experience of "customer focused delivery"
- Appropriate Degree e.g. BSc in Quantity Surveying that allows entry to the RICS (Desirable)
- Full current driving licence or access to a means of mobility support
- Able to work as part of a team
- Able to work unsupervised and on own initiative
- Flexible approach to work
- Committed to the principles of equality and diversity
- 3 Months Contract
- Pay Rate is Negotiable (Paid via an Umbrella Company)
- Based in South Shields
If interested in this position please call Jack on 01772 428186 or email