role: Quantity surveyor / Estimator
A fantastic opportunity for a Quantity surveyor looking for a new challenge reporting directly to the director. The client deals with the Design, Detail, Manufacture and Erection of Structural Steelwork. So Similar background or experience needed. Great opportunity for a QS/estimator looking to progress or a managing QS looking for a change.
- Take commercial ownership of the projects from estimating the following contract award.
- Liaise and provide commercial support to the internal buying department in the procurement of materials and any sub-contracted elements.
- Prepare, submit and agree on monthly applications for payments as well as monitoring and ensuring prompt payment.
- Lead and manage the change control process and ensure all variations to the contract are identified and priced to ensure a full recovery.
- Negotiate and agree on the value of all variations with the client organisation.
- Manage and maximise positive project cashflow including producing the weekly report
- Monitor, analyse and manage all internal and external project costs.
- Provide commercial and contractual advice and support to the Project Team.
- Ensure all contractual notices and procedures within the contract are adhered to and fulfilled.
- Prepare, submit and where appropriate agree on the final application for payment to the client.
- Prepare the monthly internal and external commercial reports and CVRs
- Ensure project compliance with all internal commercial and contractual governance.
The successful candidate must demonstrate:
Experience in an estimating capacity within the main contractor/ structural steel business background
The drive and ability to self manage workload
The ability to establish effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders
Qualifications & Experience:
This is a role for an experienced Quantity Surveyor from a principal contractor or consultancy background. The ability to be organised, disseminate information accurately and to meet deadlines is crucial. Full drivers licence required.
A track record of successful commercial projects should be demonstrated, with the following skills evident:
- Creative Thinking
- Customer Focus
- Communication Skills
- Analytical Thinking
- Team Working
- Drive & Decisiveness
if you would like to send you CV directly to me please send to email@example.com