£50k-£55k plus Car and Benefits
An established construction consultancy are looking to employ a QS for a site & office-based role managing the procurement process for multiple Trade Contracts (50 plus) on a 3 year plus Construction project near Kidderminster.
This is a large private country estate, in excess of 700 acres, with new build works, infrastructure, landscaping and restoration of listed building.
The project value will exceed £50 million and all the works will be executed to the highest standard.
The role will require some travel to the London office and will be reporting directly to the Project Director whilst working closely with large multidisciplinary team.
We would expect the candidate to be professionally qualified (RICS, MCIOB or Degree) and have 5 - 10 years relevant experience, ideally with high end residential work and Listed Buildings. They will need to be capable of working independently but in close conjunction with the Professional Team. An understanding of the Construction Management process and the JCT CMA & TC would be an advantage.
Duties will include;
- Record keeping and reporting of the procurement process
- Re-qualification of potential Trade Contractors
- Preparation of detailed pricing schedules from drawings & specifications
- Issuing tender packages
- Reviewing, analysing and comparing tender returns
- Charing and recording tender interviews
- Preparation of recommendation reports for Client sign off
- Issuing contract documentation