c£35,000-£45,000 and Package
I am currently working with a family-run firm that provides structural steelwork to the construction industry. We are looking to add a Quantity Surveyor to the team. Steelwork experience would be ideal but as this is niche we are looking for candidates who come from a sub-contrator background who would have transferable skills.
- Negotiate subcontract and warranty agreements and flag up any particular risks to the project team.
- Manage secondary subcontract accounts including procurement, interim payments and negotiating final account.
- Maximise cash flow through timely valuations of work and ensuring certifications and payment received on time.
- Ensure written variation instructions received.
- Price variations, including structural steelwork Add & Omit measures.
- Prepare and submit fully substantiated claims for extensions of time and additional costs where appropriate.
- Negotiate final account agreements.
- Produce monthly project Financial Forecast (Profit & Loss).
- Visit sites to meet with Main Contractor team and gain knowledge of the project.
- Assist with mentoring of Assistant Quantity Surveyor.
- Steelwork experience would be ideal but as this is niche we are looking for candidates who come from a sub-contrator background.
- Strong communication and negotiation skills.
- Good knowledge and understanding of structural steelwork, including fabrication and erection.
- Good understanding and experience of dealing with subcontracts, particularly JCT and NEC.
- Excellent numeracy.
- Highly competent in MS Office skills, particularly excel and word.
- Precise attention to detail.
- Good organisation and time management skills.
- Driving licence.