£45,000 - £55,000
I have an exciting new opportunity for a Quantity Surveyor from the painting & decorating industry to join a major contractor based in Essex.
They secure some of the largest painting projects in London & South East of England regularly winning projects of £1m+. The company is expanding year on year and this is an exciting opportunity for the right individual to help shape the future of the business.
Preferably you will have experience working in the supply chain for blue chip main contracting businesses.
You will be degree qualified and have 3+years’ experience or we would consider qualified by industry experience for the right person having spent a significant amount of time in the painting and decorating sector.
- To ensure tenders are completed accurately and to timescales
- Follow up returned tenders
- To convert live tenders to jobs
- To ensure all information on live jobs is communicated to site managers
- To communicate status of tenders to MD on weekly basis
- To manage costs in line with budgets on contracts
- To develop new & existing business
- Site visits as required
- Estimating/QS qualification or qualified by experience
- Good communication skills
- ICT skills
- Professional telephone manner
On offer to the successful candidate is a variety of different projects to work on and a competitive salary.
If you are interested in finding out more about this role please contact Ben at Akton Recruitment, quoting BA/32332