£30k - £32k + Fantastic Benefits
I am currently looking for an experienced and competent Assembly Quality Engineer to be responsible for the design and development of Quality Management Systems and manufacturing processes around key areas of the business.
As part of a small team you will support required material, product and process evaluations within the department
Key responsibilities will include: -
- To develop and maintain the use of Control Plans to meet the needs of the business
- To undertake APQP/PAPP processes for automotive customer
- To identify and review progress towards the detailed departmental and individual activities
- To complete process capability studies
- To undertake customer concern investigations, including product testing and corrective/preventive action
- To manage and report upon supplier defect system
- To complete material assessments including incoming material inspection, product quality testing
- To undertake internal audit activities
- To undertake specific manufacturing improvement activities
- To develop tools and techniques for Continuous Improvement
- To develop and support use of FMEA
- To help with the development and introduction of new processes and machinery throughout the organisation
- To contribute as a staff member to the total management of the business and the objectives of the Business Plan
- To develop and implement plans to continuously improve all of the above
HND qualified or equivalent in an engineering-based subject, you will have working experience in a similar role within a fast paced engineering / manufacturing environment.
You will be able to read complex / component drawings, and have knowledge of manufacturing processes such as plastic injection moulding, die-casting and / or metal pressings.
Ideally you will have knowledge of statistical analysis and improvement methodologies, as well as internal auditing to ISO/TS16949 or AS9100, knowledge of 8D or similar problem solving tool coupled with knowledge of practising APQP, PPAP and FAIR
Supervisory experience is essential as you will be overseeing two engineers.
If you are interested and would like to apply, then please call Charlie Paton on 0161 233 0034.