This post provides public health technical support for the functions of the Shared Team. The focus is primarily on the development and implementation of Public Health programmes, including strategy development, and the development of the networked approach to public health across the County.
- To lead on the design, development, implementation and evaluation of a range of key Public Health work streams including strategy development.
- To manage Public Health programmes, ensuring they are completed to time and budget, using project management methodologies.
- To work collaboratively with local authority and NHS partners to update Emergency Planning resilience and response plans
- To work collaboratively with the Public Health Intelligence team to coordinate and produce needs assessments to inform service design and service specifications
- To collate performance information and produce performance reports across Berkshire.
- To coordinate the design and delivery of the development of the public health networked approach across Berkshire.
- To identify opportunities to link in with NHS and other partner workstreams
- To manage budgets up to 150k pa
- To line manage the Business Manager and other staff as required.
- To represent the Director of Public Health & Consultant in Public Health as required
- To lead the development of a specific area of Public Health work across Berkshire, providing highly specialist advice to the Public Health Teams in the County.
- To communicate data and information, both orally and on paper, in a manner that assists large, often diverse audiences to understand its importance.
- To seek funding opportunities and grant income
- To play a lead role in the development and coordination of bids and proposals for funds for agreed projects as necessary. This may include the drafting of proposals, setting out the project rationale, business case and demonstrating the analytical processes to be followed
- Advanced knowledge of strategy development
- Advanced knowledge of needs assessment and evaluation.
- Advanced knowledge of local authority systems for both adults and children.
- Excellent numeracy skills.
- The ability to write clearly and communicate complex data to different audiences.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Excellent IT skills.
- Excellent team working skills
- Degree level educated
- Extensive Local Authority Experience
- 6 Month Contract
- £560 per day