Public Health Principal- Merton
The post holder will support the commissioning of a range of Public Health services and support health improvement initiatives across the London Borough of Merton. Responsibility for supporting the commissioning and development of services for children and young people aged 0-19 is a priority. This includes Healthy Child 0-19 services (Health Visiting, School Nursing, and Family Nurse Partnership) and health improvement initiatives related to improving the health of children and young people. The post holder will also support commissioning of other public health services and provide procurement support to the Public Health team as required.
The post holder will contribute to and co-ordinate the delivery of commissioning priorities and improving quality through contracting and performance frameworks. The post holder will contribute to planning for the reduction of health inequalities and work with partners including the Clinical Commissioning Group, NHS England and others. This has three components:
* Building partnerships between statutory and non-statutory organisations and with other stakeholders, services and relevant organisations
* Supporting service redesign and improvement
* Manage and coordinate the delivery of specific commissioning projects
The post holder will also work with the children's integrated commissioning team and wider Public Health team to manage and coordinate children and young people's health improvement initiatives focused on public health priority areas such as healthy schools, childhood obesity, early years initiatives and reducing health inequalities.
* Educated to degree level in Public Health/Health Policy or related subject or equivalent
* Experience at working in a commissioning or service re-design role in the Local Government or NHS
* Experience of procurement of services in Local Government or NHS
* Demonstrable experience of co-ordinating projects, service improvement and health improvement initiatives in complex and challenging environments
* Successful partnership working in complex environments
* Experience of developing and writing papers and reports
* Staff and budget management experience
* Demonstrable experience of project/programme management
* Experience of health improvement work