Public Health Operational Delivery Manager required for a fantastic contract based in Walthamstow
- In order to manage any cases of COVID-19 in the borough, we have developed the Local Outbreak Control Plan for Waltham Forest. This plan outlines how we aim to prevent the spread of the virus whilst also planning for the possibility of a second wave to protect our community's health, lives and freedoms should one occur.
- The post holder will support the Director of Public Health and Public Health team, Council Directorates and partners to deliver the Waltham Forest Outbreak Control Plan. The role will have responsibility for overall delivery and progress of the plan reporting directly to the Director of Public Health (DPH) and Public Health Senior Management Team
- Leading and overseeing day-to-day operational activity to deliver Outbreak Control Plan to drive performance against key performance measures and budget
- Be the operational lead, acting on behalf of the Director of Public Health, liaising with other relevant areas of the Council and partners (e.g. workforce strategy, comms and engagement and enforcement) to encourage and influence others to deliver quality outcomes
- To build strong working relationships with key stakeholders across the Council (Directors, Members and other senior stakeholders) and partners
- To quickly and accurately communicate (verbally and in writing) rapidly emerging issues to senior leaders and adapt delivery plans accordingly
- Matrix management of multiple project teams
- Plan and deploy a wide range of resources, particularly, if required, in response to a local outbreak which may require immediate operational response
- Strong leadership skills and extensive experience of working at pace in complex environments and delivering through others
- A proven ability to lead teams and set direction at pace
- Experience of working across organisational boundaries and influencing others
- Do not have to be a Public Health professional but must have experience of emergency planning or managing operational services and mitigating risks. Previous public health knowledge or experience is desirable.
- Excellent organisational skills and a proven ability to deliver and manage competing priorities, with experience of working within project management principles
- An experienced communicator with excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to influence and motivate people at all levels, building trust with stakeholders to achieve goals.
- Temp Contract
- £400 per day (Inside IR35)
If interested please email CV over