£160-£200 Per Day DOE
Project Manager Job Description
Our client is an innovative growing construction company that provides a full turnkey solution leaving clients to focus on their day jobs while we do ours. We are actively seeking for Construction Project Managers from intermediate to senior level specialising in residential projects. The successful Project Manager will work on a varied and wide range of prestigious high-end residential projects, values ranging from £250k - £2m. The successful candidate will have a PM qualification and a track record of delivering projects. Working knowledge of NEC and JCT contracts would be beneficial as would experience of Buildertrend.
Key Responsibilities or our Project Manager
- On-site ownership of projects from acceptance of quote through to completion
- The ideal candidate will take overall control of day-day site management of employees and sub-contractors
- On-site Health and Safety Management (RAMS), including initial H&S documentation preparation, including Construction Phase H&S Plan & Toolbox talks. As well as liaising with HSE.
- Responsible for the profit and loss for the construction phase of the project, the successful completion of projects within specified dates, and establishing and maintaining a professional and satisfactory relationship with the client, contractors and project stakeholders
- Provide oversite for day to day construction activities including planning, procurement, valuation, estimation and site manager duties
- Drive project schedules, manage scope, and control project costs
- Confirm deliverables and services are being provided to client's satisfaction
- Report weekly on progress (including photos), cost and programme, procurement, safety, risk and any issues requiring office support.
- Reading and accurately interpreting contract documents, programmes, drawings and technical specifications
- Have a great understanding on various aspects of residential building, from foundations to plumbing all the way to decorating
- Ensure customer acceptance is adhered to, in writing and in line with the project plans
- Mutually agree payment schedules and applications for payment to the benefit of the project and the business
- Able to manage multiple projects and conflicting deadlines
- Able to work autonomously and as part of a project team
- Ongoing development of future project opportunities and our brand recognition.
- Personal professional development and partaking in professional bodies and industry groups
Key Personal Attributes/Skills you will need as our Project Manager:
- Project management experience in the construction sector
- The ideal candidate needs to have a minimum of 5 years' experience within the residential sector
- Previous experience with high-end residential construction projects is essential
- Ability to work quickly while at the same time paying attention to the level of detail required for safe operation on site and in your surroundings.
- High standard of organisation and time management.
- Ability to act on own initiative and self-motivated, with a positive attitude and willingness to learn.
- Effective in all forms of communication.
- Flexible, with good attention to detail and demanding a high-quality level from themselves and colleagues
- Exceptional communication skills, ability to influence and quickly understand business and technical concepts
- Experience of Project and Programme Management
- Ability to manage and travel between multiple projects
- Full UK Driving license is essential