Akton Recruitment are currently recruiting for a Project Manager based within the housing department of a local authority in Barnsley
This is a working from home position
Purpose of the Post
To assist in the management of programmes and lead on project management in relation to infrastructure, material goods and resources of the council, ensuring successful gathering and delivery of all requirements.
* Lead on project management, co-ordinating resources to ensure projects are delivered on time and within budget.
* Ensure that projects are effectively planned and managed within a formal programme and project management framework.
* Provide professional advice and guidance in relation to projects, ensuring that key milestones and information are communicated to internal and external stakeholders.
* Work allocation to a small team
* Be responsible for monitoring risks and dealing with issues to ensure projects are delivered.
* Undertake performance management and complex data analysis and interpretation, promoting quality practice and service delivery, ensuring continuous improvement.
* Identify, evaluate and implement processes, technology and systems to enhance project and service delivery.
* Prepare and deliver reports and presentations.
* Be responsible for work allocation to a small team, including project teams not line managed by the job holder.
* Be responsible for monitoring project budgets.
* Contribute to the development of service strategies, polices and plans.
* Proactively liaise, negotiate, influence and collaborate with internal and external stakeholders including managers, employees, councillors and partnership agencies as required to ensure the effective delivery of projects.
* Keep abreast of wider developments to enhance the service accordingly, to satisfy internal and external demands.
* Comply with all health and safety regulations, legal requirements, statutory requirements, standing orders and financial regulations of the Council.
* Undertake any other duties commensurate with the role as requested by management.
Up to £40.00 per hour
12 days ago
12 Weeks +