The duties of the post are as follows
- Prepare agreed project documentation for multi-disciplinary in-house and partner project teams, including the development of project briefs and business cases with Project Sponsors
- Lead project meetings
- Manage and administer NEC3 contracts for both Professional Services and Engineering Construction.
- Manage and coordinate projects based on established project management principles
- Prepare written and verbal reports to project board and Cabinet Member or committee as required.
- Monitor project progress and prepare status reports for the Project Board and other stakeholders
- Act as a single point of contact for all stakeholders including external agencies concerning the progress of projects.
- Coordinate the assembly of project documentation and contribute to submissions for external funding as required.
- Manage the project budget and be responsible for the delivery of the project to the agreed quality and programme criteria, including project closure and financial completion.
- Deputise for Programme Manager in his/her absence on day-to day matters arising and make decisions as appropriate
- Extensive experience in managing civil engineering or other relevant projects and A proven record of project leadership and giving direction to a team
- High level of competency in project management processes, Local Transport Plan issues, Public consultation and planning processes.
- Experience of NEC3 contracts including Professional Services and Engineering Construction.
- Experience in taking measured risks
- Experience in working with multi-disciplinary professionals and elected members within a highways and transport related function.
- Excellent communication skills to deal with a range of stakeholders including members of public.
- Experience of public consultations.
- Experience of managing a team of project staff
- Locum Contract
- 3 Months+
- Inside IR35