With an international market presence, ambitious plans for continued growth and cutting-edge technologies, the company is at the forefront of their market place. They are a small company, employing circa 80 people across three locations in the UK, each of which contribute to the successful delivery of a huge array of projects, covering video, voice and data processing. Being a small organisation enables them to work in a dynamic and responsive manner, whilst delivering solutions in a structured and controlled environment.
They have an amazing opportunity for an individual who can motivate, lead and deliver high tech software and engineering projects via multi-site teams to meet demanding customer requirements. They are looking for a talented individual with the necessary skills and aptitude, who is focused on delivering results whilst capable of identifying and applying new concepts and technologies into their daily activities. They are after an individual who actively enjoys working in a challenging environment, who has the ability to work on their own initiative whilst meeting defined objectives and challenging timescales.
As a team, They work in an open, honest and transparent manner, where integrity and commitment form key attributes which help to make the business the success that it is. From day one, you can be assured to be given varied and rewarding challenges where your development will be limited to your willingness to succeed and learn, whilst functioning within a supportive and nurturing environment who really appreciates your contribution towards the company’s success.
The primary role is to plan, manage and deliver projects according to strict deadlines, budgets, requirements and objectives. This includes managing budgets, team delivery coordination, sub-contract management, stakeholder engagement and providing a single point of contact between the company and the customer.
This role reports to the Head of Project Operations.
The responsibilities of any successful candidate will primarily include:
- Coordinating and managing projects through their full life cycle in accordance with the company’s governance processes and procedures.
- Act as the focal point for all project documentation and communication.
- Manage the scope and objectives and ensure the deliverables meet the customer Statement Of Work / Requirements
- Risk tracking and management throughout the lifecycle process.
- Contributing to bid submissions - both in terms of content and presentation
- Manage bid teams and inputs from a variety of stakeholders, typically involving contributions from sales, engineering, production, finance, commercial, Operational Support and Subcontractors
- Manage and oversee the commercial components of the project, ensuring all contractual deliverables are supplied, to the right level of quality, in accordance with the contract to the customer
- Manage the project budget
- Create and maintain project planning documents from POP’s to detailed Gantt charts, including budgets.
- Understand and resolve complex technical, strategic and business issues, whilst delegating and coordinating interfaces with internal functions and Senior Management as appropriate.
- Support and direct multi-disciplined project teams and encourage collaborative working across the organisation.
- Compile and maintain suitable governance and reporting documents through throughout the lifecycle covering performance against schedule, quality, risk/issues, etc.
- Facilitate and support bid documentation handover from the delivery team and arrange and support all post bid reviews with customers, post contract award, etc as necessary.
- Must be an excellent communicator and stakeholder manager across the full spectrum of stakeholders.
Candidates wishing to apply should:
- Experience of leading a multi-disciplinary engineering team, providing instruction and direction.
- Experience at working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Experience in managing multiple projects at different stages of the engineering lifecycle.
- Demonstrable track record of successful project delivery in a high-tech customer facing environment.
- Experience at building, developing and growing business relationships vital to the success of the project and business.
- Excellence in the use of relevant IT including Microsoft Office and Microsoft Project.
- Ability to work in a high-pressure environment focused on delivering to tight deadlines.
- Excellent risk management and knowledge of due process to control.
- Outstanding project financial background, managing multimillion-pound projects, ideally with prior experience of EVM.
- Sound business and commercial acumen.
- A proven ability to deconstruct complex problems and assign suitable ownership.
- Executive management interface experience, covering financial, commercial, engineering and project governance.
- Availability to travel throughout the UK and Worldwide as and when required.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- 5+ years direct work experience in a project management capacity, including all aspects of project development and execution.
- 3+ years of leading hi tech and / or software development projects.
- Typically qualified with a Bachelor’s degree supported by relevant on the job experience.
If you would like to apply for this role then send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org