Specialises in the installation of high quality geotechnical, structural and environmental instrumentation for monitoring earth, rock and concrete structures including dams, tunnels, embankments, retaining walls, piles and steel work for civil engineering works, mining projects and the railway infrastructure throughout the United Kingdom.
Overall Job Scope
To assist with the planning and management, and oversee the installation, of world class structural and /or geotechnical and/or environmental instrumentation and monitoring systems on behalf of various clients.
Core Activities, Duties and Key Tasks
- Assist the Project Manager in delivering projects on time and within budget
- Provide regular feedback to the Project Manager regarding on site progress
- Provide cover for the Project Manager during leave periods
- Review specifications and instrumentation designs and produce Monitoring Design Plans to address them
- Produce documentation for works on a variety of third party assets such as London Underground, Network Rail and other main contractors
- Producing site specific safety documentation including Risk Assessments, Method Statements, Safe Systems of Work, Works package plans, Task Briefing Sheets, etc. for review
- Organise access to various third party properties/infrastructures
- Provide office based support to onsite teams during installation works
- Attending site as required to help solve technical issues and to undertake routine/reactive safety inspections
- Obtain quotations from sub-contractors for various activities e.g. Electricians, Manual Survey Works etc.
- Hire in subcontractors and agency staff as required
- Hire in Equipment and tools as required
- Procure equipment for projects and ensure it is delivered to the right location at the right time
- Provide programme information to assist the Project Manager and Operations Manager