Akton Resourcing are working with the Local Authorities to fill a contract position for a Programme Support Officer to support the ongoing covid response activities in Worcestershire, specifically working with Public Health on testing and outbreak control activities. This role is a full time contract position working 35 hours per week. Contract likely duration is at least 4 months.
- To support and deliver projects to agreed project management standards (i.e. PRINCE2).
- To develop and manage programme/project offices and associated programme and project management documentation.
- To lead on the delivery of key elements of projects.
- To ensure that projects deliver to Time, Cost, and Quality and ensure that benefits are realised in line with Business Cases.
- To develop and manage programme and project offices.
- To facilitate the development of new and existing projects to support Worcestershire County Council's change agenda.
- To develop, review and performance manage discreet work streams of specific projects.
- To monitor delegated budgets to ensure that projects are delivered within the cost plan.
- To assist in the development of tenders and procurement of services to deliver aspects of projects, as required.
- To liaise with Worcestershire Local Enterprise Partnership (WLEP); District and Parish Councils, to ensure that plans and related projects are responding to the needs of local businesses and residents.
- To assess, review and ensure projects are administered in accordance with legal constraints and other applicable regulations.
- To maintain and manage relationships with key senior officers in sub-regional, regional and national organisations in both the private and public sector.
- To assist project managers and senior project managers in the co-ordination, development and delivery of projects and programmes as required.
- Initiate, organise, attend and contribute to as chair, speaker and facilitator at partnership and public events, conferences, seminars and other awareness raising activities, as required.
- To ensure that opportunities to access local, regional and national funding opportunities are maximised for Worcestershire.